tisdag 30 juli 2013

Thoughts about future cosplay

NärCon is over and it’s time to start thinking about upcoming cosplay projects.
If I look back at my previous cosplays, I can kind of see a pattern. Can you see it? I’ll give you some time.

Sheik (brawl) from Legend of Zelda (semi-crossplay)
Sailor Jupiter (season 1 anime) from Sailor Moon (crossplay)
Hearts Boxcars (midnight crew) from MSPA: Homestuck
MewTwo (armoured) from Pokémon




Got it?

No?

Well, I can see several patterns:
- They are all sidekicks
- They are all from a relative well known source material
- They are not the most common character or version to cosplay
- They are all uncomfortable to wear

But there is another pattern that I find even more interesting:

Sheik: Everything was real. Real leather. Real chainmail. Really heavy. Really expensive.
Jupiter: Fabric and crossplay.
Hearts: Store bought clothes.
MewTwo: Fursuit, armour, electronics.


I’ve always done something completely new. Something that hasn’t been remotely similar to a previous cosplay. 

This makes it interesting even for me, to see what my next cosplay will be. 

1 kommentar:

  1. Interesting indeed. I'm looking forward to your future projects, you always do such cool outfits!

    SvaraRadera