torsdag 14 februari 2013

What I need to change

I stood in the shower and thought about what I need to change to be the kind of cosplayer I want to be. I want to put out cosplays more frequently, for less cost, while not sacrificing quality.

If we look back at my cosplays we can see that cost and time is something I have been generous with.


Sheik
Time: 14 months
Cost: $1600+

Jupiter
Time: 8 months
Cost: $1000+

Boxcars
Time: 1 month
Cost: $300

MewTwo
Time: 7 month
Cost: $250
So far. Cost will increase as I enter the armour and tech phase. Deadline in 5 months.


As you can see; with the exception of Boxcars, I’ve put out one cosplay á year (and there is a reason why I’m constantly broke).

Someday, I would like to see what I can do with a $200 budget, and just a week of time. Just to get into a different mindset of cosplay production. We’ll see if this “challenge” will ever happen; I need all time and resources I can get for MewTwo.

PS. Come to think about it, there might be another reason for why I only put out one cosplay á year: There is only one convention in Sweden that I find to be really good (NärCon, well, and UppCon when they were alive).

1 kommentar:

  1. Oh, this was actually really interesting. You sure do some really nice quality work but as you said you do few new cosplays every year. (but the cons might have to do with that) It would be interesting, I think, to see you make more than one cosplay each year and on a smaller budget/timeframe. Quite a challenge yes, but I'm sure you could do it. :)

    SvaraRadera