fredag 31 augusti 2012

Old cosplays


I tried on Sheik for the fist time in over a year today. I had forgotten how much I like to wear her. I felt like an old warrior putting on his armor for the first time since the war, preparing himself for a battle he's way too old for.

Sheik still fit well (relatively), and the damages wasn’t as bad as I thought when I first inspected her. The damages and the wear does actually look good and in character. Zelda did spend seven years as Sheik, no matter how well you take care of your equipment, it will take some damage.

Some damages I do have to fix:
  • A tear in the tabard, on the left shoulder.
  • All leather lacing need to be replaced.
  • The hat needs to be remade.
  • New contacts (with a brighter color)
  • Wig needs to be restyled (maybe buy a new, larger, one).


I will definitely bring back Sheik to my next big con! (Probably also Jupiter since she’s so popular).

As soon as I get my money from CSN, I’ll start on my new big project.

On a side note: I also found my old 4 year old wood elven suit-jacket I made for a LARP fest, and it still fits!

1 kommentar:

  1. Oooh, awesome to hear that you tried Sheik on again and that it still fits + damage wasn't that bad. And I agree, for a fighter character like Sheik it would just look natural to have some damage.. if you know what I'm trying to say.

    Glad to hear she'll be back for the next big con!
    Also Jupiter!

    And yay for that elven jacket, I'd like to see a pic of it!

    SvaraRadera