söndag 1 augusti 2010

Sheik

[SWE]
"Time passes, people move... Like a river's flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."
-Sheik
Sheik is a character from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Sheik serves as Princess Zelda's alter ego in the game; to escape Ganondorf's capture, Zelda passes herself off as a Sheikah known as Sheik. Throughout the course of the game, Sheik aids Link, who is not privy to Sheik's true identity, by providing him with information and teaching him teleportation songs. Sheik has become a popular character in The Legend of Zelda mythos, despite appearing only in one game out of the entire series. Sheik's true gender and the means Zelda used to change her appearance is also heavily disputed among fans.
- ZeldaWiki
"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..."
- Sheik
Sheik is my favourite character in Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The mystique surrounding her and the fact that she is Princess Zelda made me fall for her. I should also add that when I was younger, I was in love with Princess Zelda. Had I been a girl, I would without doubt cosplay as Zelda. Sheik’s androgynous characteristics made it possible for me to cosplay her.

I refer to Sheik as a “she”, because I believe that Sheik is female.

Zelda = Female
Zelda = Sheik
Sheik = Female

Even though it was Sheik’s appearance in Ocarina of Time that made me like her, I have chosen to use Sheik’s 3D model from Super Smash Bros: Brawl as reference. This because it is both more detailed and better looking than the original.

Ocarina of Time Super Smash Bros: Brawl

"It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes stronger over time... The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it; you will know which way to go..."
- Sheik

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar