söndag 1 augusti 2010

To choose my first cosplay

[SWE]

I thought to begin with honesty. I have never cosplayed before. Neither have I attended an anime convention. Though, I have friends whom both attend anime convention and are cosplaying. It was through them I became interested in cosplay. I am a LARPer, so I already have some costume making skills.

It was quite difficult to choose cosplay. Not that I have to many to choose between. No, it was the opposite. When I decided to start cosplay, I had only seen one anime; Sailor Moon. I had to dig quite deep into my memory to find Japanese tv-series, movies and games I’ve seen or played. I came up with a small list.

Prince Endymion (Sailor Moon)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
MewTwo w/ armor (Pokémon)
Dark Link (Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Sheik (Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

It was much easier to choose with this list in mind.
MewTwo had to go at once, since I don’t have the know how of making full body costumes.
Sephiroth disappeared short after I’d found a picture from UppCon10 of a really good looking Sephiroth. I realised that I could not compete with him.
Prince Endymion had to go when I couldn’t find good enough references.
And finally Dark Link was removed for the list after I’d found a picture of a really good looking Dark Link. Though not from a Swedish convention, but I had a feeling that if I attempted to do Dark Link, I would constantly feel like a bad copy of him.

Sheik was the only one remaining.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar